Pin Cushions

 Dear Stitch Diaries,

    I have been crafting for 42 years and only recording them for about the last 20. I will be loading as many as I possibly can. I have so many from years past and of course I keep creating. So needless to say I will not be posting things in chronological order, but rather when ever I feel like loading what ever I want. Oh yes, the freedom of that sentence. I have not always been able to accept such freedom! Some would say uptight, I would just say picky. My life has always seemed to crave an exact order. As a small child with my room always clean. Everything had a place. Even my books were in alphabetical order, or numerical order, or order by color according to the rainbow. Which ever I preferred at the time. I believe that having 4 children helped cure me of such things. You can drive yourself crazy if you cant learn to let some things go.

    Today I am going to share my adventure with making Pin Cushions. Who would have thought it would have been like eating potato chips. I couldn't do just one! In fact, it got to the point I felt like it was getting a bit out of control. My mind tends to snowball. If I have a great thought, I can't stop thinking about it and imagining all the different ways it could be done. Which most often leads me down the road, and to the intersection of, "Cost more" and "More Time", which is basically the intersection I live on. Just sprinkle a little glitter and add some bling on it, and the trip was always worth it! No exceptions here. Sit back and enjoy the ride!



These adorable Easter Pin Cushions is where it all started. My cousin Jacqualine bought out the remaining product of a local floral shop going out of business. She gave them to me and told me to turn them into cute pin cushions for my fabric company. Then my mind took off and I started seeing potential pin cushions everywhere. I wrote a pattern for the fabric eggs. The pattern and the Pin Cushions are available at InDe'B Quilt Shop


I have a love for these silly little gnomes that are all the rage right now. I had so much fun figuring out how to put them together and make it work. For every project I do, I become a little obsessed with my ideas until I get them figured. The real fun for me comes with the little details I add at the end. These Gnomes are only about 3 1/2" tall. To make these pin cushions I filled them with crushed walnuts. It is supposed to sharpen your needles and pins. I liked using it because it was heavy enough to help the gnomes stand on their own. It also compacted really well. It is a good thing I went crazy making a lot of pin cushions, because the only box I could find to buy in town was 25 pounds of crushed walnut shell. With the 24 pin cushions I made, I only used 1 pound. I can't wait to see what else I can find to use it for. As for these Gnomes, I wrote a pattern for these cuties! You can find the pattern and the gnomes at InDe'B Quilt Shop




The next 6 of these cute pin cushions were a late night idea. Not being able to sleep until 4 in the morning you find yourself online. They were so cute I couldn't help it.






These adorable Beehives were because I found these cute vases at the dollar store. I absolutely could not wait to get them home! I made the honey by using a hot glue gun and then hand painted it. I love how they turned out!  


















Like I said, I just can't stop, so.......
I found these super cute owls. Oh, my heart just flipped when I saw them. I'm so excited to turn these owls into my next bunch of pin cushions. Stay tuned and check out InDe'B Quilt Shop



Happy Crafting!
Bobbie Geddes



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stitch Diaries begins

Bless the Birds